This is horribly cliche and over done, but I am a planner and a list maker, so I cannot resist.
I have my sights set on making next year even more amazing than 2014 has been. This year has had a bit of everything, like a bittersweet potpourri. I received my certification to be a personal trainer. I became a yoga instructor. I've become closer to my family than ever. I started dating my best friend. Everything has just fallen into place this year. My jigsaw puzzle of a life is starting to make a pretty picture. Now, with a new year approaching, I want to start taking a direction.
Without further ado, here is my New Year's Resolution list!
1. Learn to play an instrument. I have a guitar and keyboard, but I am very limited in the ability department. But hey, practice makes perfect.
2. Cut back on caffeine. Oh boy. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a coffee addiction. I want to start relying on my natural energy to keep me 'on' during the day.
3. Start becoming more self-reliant! This is more than just a personality trait. I want to be able to make my own food, fix things and even make clothes and household items.
4. Minimize. Over the last year, this has become something that has grown in importance to me. It is very important that I detach myself from physical items. Having stuff for the sake of having it is not a healthy way to live. It is important that I can just be content in having me.
5. Take more time for myself. We all have been here. Going 1,000 miles per minute and never taking the time to really focus on ourselves.
6. Go places. As I write this I am planning to spend the last days of the year adventuring. I want 2015 to be filled with new places and people. I want to see as much as I can.
7. Spend more time with the people that I love. This is parallel with taking more time for myself. I want to spend more time with the people that make me, me.
8. Save money. This has definitely been a challenging year in the finance department. It seems like very time I turn around, there is another fluke situation that calls for me to empty my savings account. Hopefully between minimizing my lifestyle and making this one of my priorities, I will be able to keep more of my money in the bank.
9. Take pictures. I used to be more passionate about photography. With the hustle and bustle of life, I have not taken the time to do the things I loved to do. Photography is one of them.
10. Reach out to others. We all have something to offer the world. Something to bring to the table. I want to keep putting myself out there. This website was a step to start reaching out to other people. I am not going to just stop here though. I want to actively pursue helping others in any way I can.